This Loaded Spaghetti Bake is tasty and hearty consolation meals, excellent to heat and fill your stomach within the colder months! This dish is a layered pasta bake, nearly like a spaghetti lasagna. As a matter of reality, that’s really what my household is looking it, however since I used cottage cheese as an alternative of ricotta I made a decision to formally name it Loaded Spaghetti Bake. I don’t need ricotta fans coming at me within the feedback about my inauthentic spaghetti lasagna! I believe some areas of Italy use béchamel anyway. I digress. Be at liberty to discuss with it as Spaghetti Lasagna if that’s your desire! By both identify, this pasta bake has wealthy meaty sauce, layers of cheese, numerous pasta, and hidden veggies. Higher nonetheless, a really satisfying serving of this dish is simply 413 energy or 9 WW Factors on the present Weight Watchers plan (or 10 Factors if following the diabetic Weight Watchers plan)! To view your present WW Factors for this recipe and monitor it within the WW app or website, click on right here!
I do need to point out upfront that this recipe does take some time to prep and bake, however it’s value it! Simply ensure you attempt it out when you may have some further time for cooking, not once you’re dashing to get dinner on the desk. Alternatively, you may simply put together your entire dish the night time earlier than up till the baking so that each one you need to do at time for dinner is pop it within the oven. You would even freeze it pre-baked after which simply thaw in the course of the day and bake once you need to serve it. The great factor is that this Loaded Spaghetti Bake is tremendous filling and mainly a meal by itself. Simply pair it with a straightforward aspect salad if you happen to like and as soon as it’s accomplished you’re able to go!
- Greens: You’ll be able to add 8 oz of chopped or sliced mushrooms as an alternative of zucchini, relying in your preferences. I normally add shredded zucchini once I make a meaty pasta sauce as a result of it’s a good way to get extra greens in, and my husband gained’t eat mushrooms! I believe you’ll discover it blends proper in with the opposite substances. Mushrooms can be a terrific different although, if everybody in your loved ones will eat them!
- Cottage Cheese: I used nonfat cottage cheese on this and I believe it turned out nice, however if you want to make use of ricotta as an alternative you definitely can. Only a be aware that it’ll have an effect on the WW Factors for this recipe if you happen to’re monitoring these.
- Shredded Cheeses: This makes use of each freshly shredded Parmesan and shredded 2% milk Mozzarella cheese. I all the time shred the Parmesan myself as a result of I believe it tastes and melts higher that means, however I’m completely completely happy shopping for a bag of pre-shredded Mozzarella made with 2% milk.
- Meat: I used 99% lean floor turkey breast as a result of it’s zero Factors on the present WW plan, however be at liberty to substitute floor beef or sausage if you happen to like. I believe the bottom turkey labored out nice!
- Serving Dimension: After letting this Layered Spaghetti Bake relaxation for quarter-hour I simply reduce it into 8 items and serve, so a serving is 1/8th of the recipe. I did measure out a kind of servings and it was about 1 ½ cups, so that ought to assist if you happen to want to measure it out that means. Both means I discovered a serving very satisfying and filling!
Extra Tasty Lightened-Up Pasta Recipes
For those who’re in search of extra tasty Pasta recipes like this Loaded Spaghetti Bake, take a look at my One-Pot Rooster Parmesan Pasta, One-Pot Cheeseburger Pasta, One-Pot Meatballs and Macaroni, Ricotta and Spinach Pasta with Rooster, One-Pot Turkey and Veggie Spaghetti, Bruschetta Rooster Pasta, One-Pot Rooster Florentine Mac and Cheese, One-Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta with Rooster and Spinach, One-Pot Tacky Chili Mac, One-Pot Cajun Rooster and Sausage Pasta, One-Pot Buffalo Rooster Mac and Cheese, Butternut Squash Pasta with Bacon, Turkey Sloppy Joe Pasta, Rooster Pot Pasta, Lemon Rooster Orzo, Beefy American Goulash, and so many extra within the Pasta class of my recipe index!
Loaded Spaghetti Bake
This Loaded Spaghetti Bake is tasty and hearty consolation meals, layered like a spaghetti lasagna!
- 12 oz dry skinny spaghetti
- 1 lb 99% lean floor turkey breast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Higher Than Bouillon Beef Base
- 24 oz jar pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed crimson pepper flakes
- 2 giant eggs
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 ½ oz Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 6 oz (1 ½ cups) shredded 2% milk Mozzarella cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit. Evenly mist a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and put aside.
Prepare dinner the spaghetti to al dente in line with package deal instructions*, then drain.
*Whereas the spaghetti is cooking, mist a big sauté pan or skillet with cooking spray and produce over med-high warmth. Add the bottom turkey and break into small chunks utilizing a cooking spoon or spatula. Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper. As soon as the chunks begin to brown a bit, add the chopped onion and shredded zucchini and stir collectively. Prepare dinner for round 10 minutes complete, draining as wanted because the zucchini will launch water, till the meat is cooked and the onions are softened. Add the minced garlic and the Higher Than Bouillon Beef Base and stir into the meat combination. Enable to prepare dinner for one more minute. Add the pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, and crushed crimson pepper and stir collectively. Cut back the warmth to low till wanted in step 5.
Crack the eggs into a big mixing bowl and beat with a fork or whisk. Add the can of tomato sauce and the shredded parmesan and stir collectively. When the spaghetti is drained however nonetheless sizzling, add the spaghetti to the bowl and stir or toss to coat the pasta within the tomato sauce combination.
Switch half of the sauced spaghetti to the ready baking dish and unfold into an excellent layer throughout the underside. Take one cup of the cottage cheese and drop spoonfulls over the spaghetti within the dish after which easy it out into an excellent layer utilizing a spatula. Prime that with half of the meat sauce combination made in step three and unfold right into a easy layer. Sprinkle a half cup of the Mozzarella cheese excessive. Repeat the layers with the remaining spaghetti combination, cottage cheese, and meat sauce, after which sprinkle the remaining cup of Mozzarella excessive.
Cowl the dish with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes. Take away the foil and proceed to bake uncovered for one more 20 minutes till heated via and bubbly. Let sit for quarter-hour earlier than serving. I like to chop it into 8 equal items when the resting interval is full.
*10 Factors if following the diabetic Weight Watchers plan
To view your present WW Factors for this recipe and monitor it within the WW app or website, click on right here!
Vitamin Info per (1 ½ cup) piece:
413 energy, 48 g carbs, 10 g sugars, 8 g fats, 3 g saturated fats, 37 g protein, 4 g fiber, 1175 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers Factors Plus:
10 per (1 ½ cup) piece (PP calculated utilizing a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the vitamin information under)
Tailored from Style of Residence