Regardless of my finest efforts, summer time is the season when my journal tends to gather extra mud than recollections. Simply this morning, I jotted down a fast recap out of some invisible obligation (“ate numerous watermelons, swam in numerous swimming pools, learn numerous YA books“) in order that I may get on with the great things. Fall is approaching and instantly, my journal beckons. Its crisp, clean pages primed and prepared for all my good ideas… however, full disclosure? That is coming from a lady who actually simply typed “sensible” into thesaurus.com solely to decide on the equally uninspired, “good” for the earlier sentence.
It could seem my mind may gain advantage from one thing of a jumpstart.
Regardless of the way you method your journaling apply this season, whether or not you’re new to journaling, a die-hard everyday-er, or like me, simply dipping again in after an extended stretch, journal prompts are the kindest entry to writing. Personally, I discover that September is the proper month to realign with morning and night routines that almost definitely took a extra relaxed method in the summertime.
Featured picture from our interview with Megan Roup by Michelle Nash.
52 September Journal Prompts for Every thing You Want
I like to softly invite longer stretches of writing into my day and take note of the transition taking place each round and inside me. Journal prompts are useful any time of yr, however these are significantly directed towards September—when the times develop shorter, our consideration begs to show inward, and we notice that an ending (and with that, a brand new starting), is in sight.
For Checking In
- How do you are feeling—actually?
- What would you like—actually?
- What’s been an enormous win for you thus far this yr?
- What issues most to you this season?
- What are you studying about your self?
- What have you learnt for positive?
- What are you questioning about?
- What’s right here to remain?
- What’s going to move?
- Whenever you really feel ache or disappointment, what makes you are feeling grounded?
- Are you forcing your self to take care of any relationships?
- What are the power givers in your life?
- What are the power takers in your life?
- The place are you able to higher listen?
- What’s one factor you may take away out of your plate this season?
- What does your physique want at this time?
- What does your soul want at this time?
- What three issues are contributing to your peace proper now?
- What does your excellent weekend appear to be this season?
- What fall rituals did you at all times sit up for? What new fall rituals are you able to create this yr?
- What are you good at?
- What makes you distinctive?
- Problem your self to write down an entire web page devoted to compliments about your self.
- What are you studying to let go of?
- What are some methods you may present compassion towards your self?
- What phrases of encouragement do you most want to listen to at this time?
- Mirror on whenever you met your finest buddy. What about them instantly drew you in? Now brainstorm the qualities about your self that drew you to them.
- Write concerning the methods your presence alone makes others really feel glad, seen, and supported.
- Write a few time whenever you felt really your self.
- Make an inventory of the issues making your life simpler proper now.
- How are you going to let a previous lesson information your future?
- What’s one drawback you may launch?
- What intentions do you need to set for the months forward?
- What are some methods you may grasp your actions? Feelings? Mindset?
- Assume 10 years up to now and 10 years sooner or later. What would you inform your youthful self? What hopes would you share together with your older self?
- Make an inventory of your values. How are you residing out and in of alignment with these values?
- Outline what success appears like for your self.
- Write a few tough time in your life. How did you get via it?
- What’s your mantra on this season?
- What are 10 issues making you cheerful proper now?
- What makes you are feeling most like your self?
- What have you ever been listening to currently?
- Write about a spot the place you are feeling most impressed. Describe how you are feeling emotionally and bodily whenever you’re there and mirror on how the surroundings engages your senses.
- What’s the subsequent factor you need to be taught?
- What’s the most effective recommendation you’ve ever acquired?
- What two issues are you able to do that week to expertise enlargement in your life?
For Artistic Power
- What actions or hobbies enable you to expertise inventive circulation?
- What had been your favourite issues to do as a baby?
- What does your dream dwelling appear to be?
- How did you uncover your love for what you do? Be it professionally, creatively, or in your free time?
- What does artwork imply to you?
- What does magnificence imply to you?
This put up was initially revealed on September 2, 2022, and has since been up to date.