This Bacon and Spinach Hash Brown Egg Bake is a straightforward, tasty breakfast casserole that ought to hold you feeling glad till lunch! The bacon, onion, and cheese give this dish nice taste, and the feel is exclusive (and never spongey like some egg bakes) as a result of it’s stuffed with shredded hash browns! The serving dimension for this casserole is hearty and feels very filling to me. It additionally pairs effectively with fruit or yogurt in order for you slightly extra to make it a whole breakfast! Not solely is that this Bacon and Spinach Hash Brown Egg Bake scrumptious and straightforward, a satisfying serving is simply 290 energy or 5 WW Factors on Weight Watchers. To view your present WW Factors for this recipe and monitor it within the WW app or website, click on right here!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Spinach: I tailored this recipe from one I discovered within the Magnolia Desk Quantity 2 cookbook and made adjustments, each to lighten it up and simply based mostly on my preferences. The unique recipe used kale, however I nearly by no means have that readily available. I just about all the time have spinach in my fridge, so I made a decision to make use of spinach as a substitute. If you happen to desire kale or wish to substitute one other vegetable altogether, I feel you can actually accomplish that. I’ll say that the bacon, onion, and spinach tasted wonderful collectively!
- Cheese: I used 2% milk mozzarella and likewise shredded my very own Parmesan. I selected these for each taste and “lightened up” causes and I feel they labored effectively collectively on this egg bake! Nonetheless, if you wish to change up the cheese you actually can. Be happy to strive swiss, or cheddar, or no matter you want greatest or have readily available. I’ll point out that altering the cheeses could have an effect on the diet info/WW Factors if you’re monitoring both.
- Bacon: I just about all the time use middle lower bacon in my recipes as a result of it tastes nice and is only a leaner lower of conventional bacon. Nonetheless, should you don’t eat pork otherwise you simply desire a unique meat, you possibly can undoubtedly use turkey bacon as a substitute. Alternatively, you can additionally exchange the bacon fully with ham or sausage, or use vegetarian breakfast sausage to make the dish meatless.
- Mustard: I used yellow mustard on this as a result of that’s simply what I like greatest, however Dijon mustard could be nice if that’s what you’ve. It’s not a dominant taste within the total egg bake, nevertheless it does give slightly taste increase!
Extra Tasty Lightened Up Breakfast Recipes
In search of extra tasty lightened up breakfast recipes? Take a look at my Bacon Broccoli Quiche, Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll, Pineapple Upside Down Baked Oatmeal Singles, Three Cheese Broccoli Brunch Bake, Banana Blueberry Muffins, Sausage and Pepper Egg Bake, Final Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, Sheet Pan Blueberry Pancakes, Sausage Apple Cheddar Frittata, Berry French Toast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Egg Cups, Orange Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Singles, Pear Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal Singles, Apple Streusel French Toast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Quiche, Pumpkin Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Singles, and lots of extra within the Breakfast part of my recipe index!
Bacon and Spinach Hash Brown Egg Bake
This Bacon and Spinach Hash Brown Egg Bake is a straightforward, tasty breakfast casserole that can hold you feeling glad!
- 6 slices middle lower bacon, (I exploit Oscar Mayer)
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups loosely packed chopped contemporary spinach
- 12 giant eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 4 oz shredded 2% milk Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 oz finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 20 oz bag refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes, (equivalent to Merely Potatoes or Reser’s)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Prepare dinner the bacon slices in response to bundle instructions and permit to empty/cool for a couple of minutes on a stack of paper towels. Switch the bacon to a slicing board and chop into items with a knife. Put aside.
Pre-heat the oven to 350 levels. Mist a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and put aside.
Drizzle the oil into a big sauté pan and convey over med-high warmth. When the oil is sizzling, add the onions and prepare dinner, stirring often, for about 4-5 minutes till the onions are softened and a bit browned. Add the minced garlic and the chopped spinach and stir collectively. Prepare dinner, stirring frequently for about 2 minutes till the spinach is wilted and the garlic is aromatic. Add the cooked bacon items into the pan and stir collectively. Prepare dinner for an additional minute and take away from warmth.
In a big mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, and mustard and whisk collectively till easily mixed. Add 2 ounces of the shredded Mozzarella, the shredded Parmesan, and the hash browns, salt, and pepper. Stir collectively till effectively blended.
Switch the spinach and bacon combination from the pan into the blending bowl containing the egg combination and stir to mix. Pour this combination from the bowl into the ready 9×13 baking dish and ensure it’s evenly distributed. Sprinkle the remaining 2 ounces of shredded Mozzarella excessive after which cowl the dish with aluminum foil.
Place the dish within the heated oven and bake lined for 45 minutes. Take away the foil and proceed to bake for an additional quarter-hour or till cooked by. Permit to chill for 5-10 minutes earlier than slicing into 8 items and serving.
To view your present WW Factors for this recipe and monitor it within the WW app or website, click on right here!
Vitamin Data per (1 slice = 1/8th of the pan) serving:
290 energy, 19 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 14 g fats, 5 g saturated fats, 21 g protein, 2 g fiber, 447 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers Factors Plus:
7 per (1 slice = 1/8th of the pan) serving (P+ calculated utilizing the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Tailored from Magnolia Desk Quantity 2