This Pumpkin Risotto with Spinach and Bacon is the proper dish to rejoice fall flavors! It tastes heat, wealthy, and decadent with creamy pumpkin puree, nutty Parmesan cheese, and crispy bacon. This pumpkin risotto makes an excellent primary dish served with a aspect salad or roasted greens. You may even add hen breast or Italian sausage if you would like extra protein. The risotto additionally makes an excellent aspect dish to a meaty primary course, simply dish up a smaller serving! Not solely is that this Pumpkin Risotto versatile and stuffed with fall taste, a one cup serving of this dish is simply 274 energy or 8 WW Factors on the present Weight Watchers plan. To view your present WW Factors for this recipe and observe it within the WW app or web site, click on right here!
Don’t be intimidated by the considered making risotto! It isn’t tough, it simply has the status of being a bit time-consuming as a result of you need to stir within the broth a bit of at a time till it’s absorbed by the rice. This half takes about 20 minutes, however it’s properly price it to get the creamy texture of risotto!
- Rice: You’ll need to use arborio rice for this recipe, as a result of it’s a novel sort of rice that will get creamy and chewy when cooked in a risotto. This may be present in most grocery shops the place you’d discover the opposite rice. Don’t attempt to substitute a unique sort, it won’t prove the identical!
- Bacon: I all the time use heart reduce bacon as a result of it’s only a leaner reduce of normal bacon and crisps up nice and tastes scrumptious. Nevertheless, in case you don’t eat pork or it’s simply your desire, be happy to make use of turkey bacon on this recipe! As a word, I used the bacon as a garnish in my photographs as a result of it appears to be like fairly that approach, however I truly stir it into the pumpkin risotto as a result of dishing it as much as serve. I like when it’s unfold out all through the dish!
- Parmesan: I like to recommend shopping for a bit of Parmesan cheese and finely shredding it your self utilizing a field grater so it’s contemporary and melts simply. Nevertheless, it shouldn’t be an issue to purchase shredded Parmesan to shave off a bit of prep time.
- Wine: Most risotto recipes name for some wine and this pumpkin risotto is not any exception! I like to recommend a white wine on the drier aspect. Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, or Chardonnay are all good choices. The wine will add taste and a little bit of acidity to the dish, however in case you don’t have any or don’t use alcohol, you possibly can skip it and simply substitute extra broth instead.
- Broth: Warming the broth earlier than including it to the pot does hold this Pumpkin Risotto from being a one pot meal, however it’s necessary! Including the broth heat helps the rice soak up it and launch its starches extra simply, giving the risotto the creamy texture you need.
- Potential Add-Ins: If you need a bit extra protein on this dish you possibly can all the time add some cooked hen breast or Italian sausage. Each could be scrumptious on this dish! For garnish you can sprinkle on extra Parmesan, contemporary herbs, or roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds).
Extra Tasty Lightened-Up Consolation Meals Meals
For those who’re searching for extra tasty, lightened up consolation meals recipes like this Pumpkin Risotto with Spinach and Bacon, try my Hen and Dumplings Casserole, Loaded Spaghetti Bake, Hen Taco Rice Skillet, Swedish Turkey Meatballs, One-Pot Turkey and Veggie Spaghetti, Ham and Cheese Au Gratin Potato Bake, One-Pot Cheeseburger Pasta, Meatloaf with Gravy, Italian Sausage Bread, One-Pot Cajun Hen and Sausage Pasta, One-Pot Buffalo Hen Mac and Cheese, Gradual Cooker Hen and Stuffing, One-Pot Tacky Chili Mac, Hen Pot Pasta, Beefy American Goulash, Rustic Sausage and Potato Skillet, and SO many extra within the Consolation Meals class of my recipe index!
Pumpkin Risotto with Spinach and Bacon
This wealthy and creamy Pumpkin Risotto with Spinach and Bacon is the proper dish to rejoice fall flavors!
- 6 slices heart reduce bacon, chopped
- 5 cups decreased sodium hen broth
- 1 tablespoon gentle butter, (I take advantage of Land-O-Lakes gentle butter unfold with canola oil)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups raw arborio rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅓ cup white wine, (can substitute extra broth as a substitute)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 cups packed torn contemporary spinach
- ¼ teaspoon floor sage
- ¼ teaspoon floor thyme
- 2 oz finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Place the chopped bacon items in a 5 QT Dutch oven or a big pot and produce over medium warmth. Prepare dinner, stirring sometimes, till crisp. Switch the bacon items to a paper towel-lined plate to empty. Discard the grease from the pot and wipe it clear with a paper towel.
Pour the broth right into a medium saucepan and canopy. Deliver it over med-low warmth on a separate burner and hold heat.
Place the sunshine butter into the Dutch oven and produce over medium warmth. Add the chopped onion and stir. Proceed to cook dinner for one more 5 minutes till the onions are softened. Add the minced garlic and stir. Prepare dinner for one more 30-60 seconds till aromatic.
Add the raw rice, salt, pepper, and paprika and stir along with the onions. Prepare dinner for one more 2-3 minutes, stirring sometimes, to toast the rice a bit. Add the wine and stir to deglaze the underside of the pot till the wine is absorbed.
Add ½ cup (or a ladle full) of the nice and cozy broth to the rice combination within the pot and stir till the rice absorbs the broth. Repeat with ½ cup of broth at a time, stirring till absorbed, till the entire broth has been added and absorbed (this can take about 20 minutes).
Stir within the pumpkin puree and torn spinach till totally mixed. Spinach ought to wilt shortly. Add the bottom sage, floor thyme, and shredded Parmesan and stir till the cheese is melted and the substances are totally mixed. Style and add extra salt and pepper if desired. Stir within the crumbled bacon and serve.
To view your present WW Factors for this recipe and observe it within the WW app or web site, click on right here!
Diet Info per (1 cup) serving:
274 energy, 41 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 6 g fats, 2 g saturated fats, 12 g protein, 5 g fiber, 726 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers Factors Plus:
7 per (1 cup) serving (PP calculated utilizing a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the vitamin information beneath)