Cajun Hen Pasta is full of hen strips, bell peppers, purple onion, mushrooms, and scallions in a light-weight, creamy Cajun sauce.
Cajun Hen Pasta
One of many best methods to loosen up a pasta dish is so as to add tons of protein and greens, which retains the parts giant and the carbs low. This wholesome Cajun Hen Pasta is the right instance. It is vitally satisfying with 26 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber, and it comes collectively rapidly as soon as all of your greens are chopped. Be beneficiant together with your Cajun spices – it ought to have loads of kick, so don’t be shy! For extra Cajun dinner concepts, don’t miss my Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp, Cajun-Spiced Fish with Tomatoes, and Cajun Fried Rice.
Cajun Hen Pasta Substances
- Pasta: You’ll want a half pound of linguine, penne pasta or pasta form of alternative.
- Hen: Slice a pound of boneless skinless hen breasts into strips.
- Seasoning: Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to season hen and veggies
- Greens: Purple and yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, purple onion, tomatoes, scallions
- Garlic: Mince three cloves.
- Broth: Use low-sodium hen broth for the sauce.
- Cream: No want for heavy cream, the skim milk, flour, and cream cheese thicken the sauce and make the Cajun pasta creamy.
The best way to Make Cajun Hen Pasta
- Prep all of the veggies earlier than you start.
- Make the Slurry: Mix the milk, flour, and cream cheese in a blender and put aside.
- Season the hen with Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. Use one teaspoon of Cajun seasoning for a milder dish and two teaspoons if you need extra of a kick.
- Cook dinner the pasta: Boil salted water in a big pot and prepare dinner in response to the bundle directions for al dente.
- Cook dinner the Hen: Warmth a big nonstick skillet over medium-high warmth and spray with oil. Add half of the hen, and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes. Put aside on a plate and repeat with the remaining hen.
- Sauté the Greens: Add olive oil to the empty skillet and scale back the warmth to medium. Cook dinner the bell peppers, onions, and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes. Then add the mushrooms and tomatoes, prepare dinner till tender, and season with salt, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Cajun Pasta Sauce: Cut back the warmth to medium-low, pour within the broth and slurry, and stir for about two minutes.
- Mix Every part: Return the hen to the skillet. Style the veggies and add extra salt and Cajun seasoning as wanted. Cook dinner for an additional minute till sizzling. When the pasta is cooked, drain and add, toss nicely to coat it with sauce. High with chopped scallions, grated Parmesan cheese if desired and revel in!
Cajun Hen Pasta Variations
- Protein: Swap the hen with shrimp, or use a mix of each.
- Vegetarian Cajun Pasta: Omit the hen and change it with tofu or extra veggies and swap the hen broth with vegetable broth.
- Not a mushroom fan? Skip them and use extra bell peppers or add different veggies like zucchini or spinach.
- Tomatoes: Sub canned diced tomatoes for recent.
- Pasta: Use spaghetti or fettuccini as a substitute of linguine.
- Low-Carb Choice: Exchange the pasta with zucchini noodles.
- Dairy-Free Cajun Pasta: Omit the cream cheese and change the milk with extra broth. In case you nonetheless need creamy pasta, some readers mentioned they used almond milk and dairy-free cream cheese. In case you strive it, remark under and let me know the way it works!
- Gluten-Free Pasta: Substitute brown rice pasta and one teaspoon of gluten-free flour.
Cajun seasoning is a mixture of spices, sometimes cayenne, black pepper, garlic powder, and salt. It’s spicy, and you’ll all the time add extra to a dish to extend the warmth.
Creole and Cajun seasonings are comparable and can be utilized interchangeably if wanted. Nevertheless, Cajun is normally spicier, and Creole incorporates different herbs and spices, like oregano, thyme, and paprika.
What to Serve with Cajun Hen Pasta
This creamy Cajun hen pasta is a whole meal in a single with carbs, greens, and protein. If you would like a aspect dish to go together with it, do that simple inexperienced salad.
Cajun Pasta Storage
Refrigerate this Cajun hen pasta in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days and reheat within the microwave. I sometimes don’t freeze dishes with dairy, however when you have leftovers you received’t eat earlier than they go dangerous, you may strive freezing them for as much as three months.
Extra Pasta Recipes You Might Get pleasure from:
Yield: 5 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 1/2 cups
Prep all of your greens.
In a small blender make a slurry by combining milk, flour and cream cheese. Put aside.
Season hen generously with Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and salt.
Put together pasta in salted water in response to bundle instructions.
Warmth a big heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high warmth; spray with oil and add half of the hen.
Sauté 5 to six minutes or till achieved, put aside on a plate and repeat with the remaining hen. Put aside.
Add olive oil to the skillet and scale back to medium; add bell peppers, onions, and garlic to skillet, sauté 3-4 minutes.
Add mushrooms and tomatoes and sauté 3-4 extra minutes or till greens are tender.
Season with 1/4 tsp salt, garlic powder and recent cracked pepper to style.
Cut back warmth to medium-low; add hen broth and pour in slurry stirring about 2 minutes.
Return hen to skillet; alter salt and Cajun seasoning to style, prepare dinner one other minute or two till sizzling, then add linguine; toss nicely to coat.
High with chopped scallions and revel in!
Please depart a ranking and remark letting us understand how you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 1/2 cups, Energy: 324 kcal, Carbohydrates: 44 g, Protein: 26 g, Fats: 6 g, Saturated Fats: 1.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 44 mg, Sodium: 126 mg, Fiber: 6 g, Sugar: 3 g