A bit spicy, a bit creamy, this decadent pasta brings a basic Hen Alfredo to an entire new stage. It’s bursting with taste and spice because of the Cajun seasonings. If this doesn’t get up your style buds, nothing will! Don’t fear although, when you don’t like your meals too spicy, simply add much less seasoning and it’ll nonetheless style dreamy. Every serving has 391 energy and 10 grams of fats.
- 6 ounces whole-wheat linguine, cooked al dente, see purchasing suggestions
- 1 package deal (1 lb.) hen breast tenders or 4 hen breasts, lower into chunks
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Cajun spices, see purchasing suggestions
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 inexperienced onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- ¾ cup reduced-fat milk
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil-packed), blotted nicely with paper towels, chopped, see prep tip
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Recent floor black pepper, to style
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Place hen and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
In a big nonstick pan over medium warmth, soften the butter. Add the hen items and sauté till hen is tender about 5 to 7 minutes.
Scale back warmth, add inexperienced onions, milk, tomatoes, basil, garlic powder, and black pepper. Prepare dinner for jiffy till heated by way of.
Toss in cooked linguine, Parmesan cheese, and coat pasta nicely.
Divide amongst 4 pasta bowls or plates.
You’ll discover a Cajun mix of spices in most supermarkets within the spice aisle.
You’ll discover entire wheat linguine at Dealer Joe’s however most supermarkets and well being meals shops carry it.
I like to recommend utilizing oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes as a result of they add a lot taste. Place them in paper towels and squeeze out a lot of the oil earlier than including to the dish.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 8-Blue
WW SmartPoints 10-Inexperienced
WW POINTS PLUS 10
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving (¼ of recipe)
391 energy, 10g fats, 3g sat. fats, 78mg chol, 36g protein, 37g carbs, 5g fiber, 425mg sodium, 5g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
243 energy, 2g sat. fats, 10g protein, 5g sugar
Serving: 0.25recipeEnergy: 391kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 36gFats: 10gSaturated Fats: 3gLdl cholesterol: 78mgSodium: 425mgFiber: 5gSugar: 5gBlue Good Factors: 8Inexperienced Good Factors: 10Plus Factors: 10