Anjaneyasana(Low-Lunge Pose) is an intense variation of warrior pose I. It’s a newbie degree pose carried out standing on the ground. This pose incorporates the weather of stretching, again bending, balancing, and requires the energy of the practitioner.
Moving into the pose requires taking a leg ahead with foot on the bottom and bend the knee. The opposite knee is saved to the ground with the decrease leg resting on the bottom. The arms are raised and the pinnacle and neck are bent arching the again.
The backbend and stretching contain Mula bandha (root lock) and Uddiyana bandha (belly lock), therefore gives immense advantages to the physique.
The pose presents plenty of variations that create a room for each practitioner on the market as per their potential.
Mythological That means
Ajaneyasana is called after Lord Hanuman. He was the son of Anjani and likewise known as ‘Anjaneya.’ Lord Hanuman was a legend who has an incomparable potential, energy, and mind.
This posture additionally inculcates such qualities within the practitioner by benefitting the general well being, and therefore named so.
Ajaneyasana can also be recognized by different names like low-lunge pose, and crescent moon pose. When carried out with arms on the ground it is rather like training the lunge place with decreasing one leg to the bottom. Nevertheless, with the extending the arms and attaining the pose absolutely the physique mimics the crescent moon, therefore the title.
Anjaneyasana Observe Information
Precautions & Contraindications
- Within the case of hypertension or any coronary heart illness, Anjaneyasana ought to solely be practiced below skilled steerage.
- Don’t carry out anjaneyasana when you’ve got an in and round decrease again, hips, hamstrings, and knees harm.
- If in case you have a weak physique steadiness then observe this asana utilizing props given under.
- If there’s any neck or shoulder challenge, then preserve the pose wanting ahead with arms on the bent knee.
- Keep away from its observe throughout being pregnant.
- Solar Salutations A (Surya Namaskar A)
- Warrior Pose I (Virabhadrasana I)
- Warrior Pose II (Virabhadrasana II)
- Prolonged Triangle Pose (Utthita Trikonasana)
- Low Lunge Arms To Knee (Anjaneyasana Arms To Knee)
- Arms Sure Rising Locust Pose (Baddha Hasta Utthita Stiti Salabhasana)
- Stand in tadasana.
- Take a large stance separating your legs and place your arms on the hips.
- Flip your proper toes outwards at 90 levels.
- Rotate your higher physique in direction of your proper.
- Bend your proper knee and raise the again heel off the ground.
- Exhale decreasing the left knee and resting the decrease leg on the ground with toes level again.
- Inhale, increase your arms becoming a member of the palms above the pinnacle.
- Begin leaning backward elevating the chin as excessive as doable.
- Stability this pose for 5-8 breaths.
- Inhale, carry the physique to the middle.
- Exhale, decrease arms on the hips.
- Curl the toes of the again foot and are available up straightening each the legs.
- Flip ahead and repeat the identical to the opposite aspect.
- Convey your legs collectively and loosen up in tadasana.
Though the pose is about discovering the steadiness, nonetheless novices can carry out the pose in entrance of the wall. Strive it by urgent the massive toe of the entrance foot in opposition to the wall and elevating the arms to maintain the fingertips to the ground. Steadily discovering the steadiness, carry out it away from the wall.
- Warrior Pose I (Virabhadrasana I)
- Warrior Pose III (Virabhadrasana III)
Modifications and Props
- Blanket – Place a folded blanket beneath the again knee reasonably than instantly resting it to the ground. That is helpful to achieve the pose if you’re feeling any soreness within the knee.
- Aerial strap – Tie a yoga strap aerially. Convey the again leg right down to the ground. Maintain the strap from each the arms by wrapping it across the wrist. Arch again and maintain the pose. The strap assist in sustaining steadiness.
- Yoga block – This prop comes useful for individuals who both have shoulder or neck points. As they don’t increase the arms and bend again, they’ll preserve their arms on the blocks by inserting every on both aspect of the leg.
- Anjaneyasana Arms To Knee- On this variation, the place of legs stays the identical. Nevertheless, the arms relaxation on the bent knee reasonably than rising above the pinnacle.
- Anjaneyasana Open twist- Retaining the appropriate knee bend carry the appropriate hand to the ground beside the internal ankle. Rotating and opening the chest to the left increase the left hand with fingers pointing up. Rotate the pinnacle and look in direction of the ceiling.
- Anjaneyasana Lateral Extension- If the appropriate leg is taken just like the again leg, then place your proper hand on the stretched calf. Increase your left hand above your head together with your again bent. Preserve your eyes mounted on the ground.
- Parivrtta Anjaneyasana variation- After bringing the again leg into the ground, increase your again foot with toes pointing up. Place your different hand on the aspect of the foot to take care of the pose. One other hand is positioned on the bottom beside the respective outer thigh.
- Paschim Namaskar Anjaneyasana- Retaining the entrance knee bend and again leg laid on the ground take your arms to your again. Be a part of them in reverse prayer pose.
- Anjaneyasana triceps stretching- On this variation solely the arms’ place is modified. Each the palms are joined behind the pinnacle with fingers pointing in direction of the ground.
1. Promotes flexibility
This pose is all about balancing and stretching the whole physique. The stretches develop the muscle tissue of the neck, shoulders, backbone, stomach, hips, and legs. This makes the physique versatile and strengthens the muscle tissue.
2. Burns fats
The contraction of the muscle tissue across the stomach, hips, and thighs gives toned muscle tissue. It causes the tightening of the muscle tissue by burning the extreme fats layer round these areas.
3. Aids in higher digestion
The involvement of the belly muscle tissue within the pose stimulated the inner organs. The digestive organs viz. abdomen, liver, pancreas, and so forth. are stimulated. This helps in making the digestive system extra environment friendly.
4. Improves blood circulation
Anjaneyasana entails opening the chest and lifts the guts. It enhances the circulation of recent blood and finally enhances the circulatory system of the physique.
5. Advantages respiratory system
The ultimate posture entails the slight backbend and growth of the chest. This expands the lungs and will increase the respiration capability. This improves the respiratory system and prevents bronchial asthma, bronchitis, and so forth.
6. Cures sciatica
Anjaneyasana gives a deep stretch to the backbone. This strengthens the decrease again muscle tissue and the improved blood circulation on this area and the nerves. This cures persistent decrease again ache like sciatica.
7. Maintains correct metabolism
The backbend of the pinnacle and neck stretches the neck muscle tissue and stimulates the thyroid gland. It prompts the secretion of the thyroid hormones that regulate the general metabolism of the physique.
8. Develops a way of consciousness
Anjaneyasana is a balancing posture that requires mindfulness. Throwing the pinnacle backward and sustaining integrity brings a way of consciousness and improves focus.
In response to a supporting research, anjaneyasana when carried out often with different yogic workout routines improves steadiness. It even cures the signs of Parkinson’s Illness.